- The first governing institution was the family. God emphasized it by putting them over all of creation.
- Self government is developed in the home by the father and mother (the family). Some influences that destroy this training ground of self government are divorce, etc.
- The result of poor family government is wicked sinful children: those who are shameful to their parents and an abomination to the Lord.
- If a person can govern himself well he can in turn govern his family well. If he can both himself AND his family well he may lead and govern in the church and civil institutions.
- Family government is where our Godly leaders are trained. If it functions well our Godly leaders are trained well.
- Through the family we learn of of authority and submission: Children to the parents, wife to the husband, husband to the Lord.