Yes, I know it's not Christmas yet. But for some reason, I just love this song. Ever since I heard it, I have thought it would be cool to make a music video out of it. It's so sweet, almost makes me tear up when I listen to it.
I have always had a weird and strange fascination of photos within photos. I tried so hard to capture that with this one, but the sun wasn't on my side. But you can get a glimpse of their sweet smiles inside Dad's iPhone.
This was when we were wrapping up filming Sarah's newest movie.
Well I got tagged! Or awarded? Which one was it? Anyway, I was tagged/awarded by the lovely Ms. Eden Strang! You should go check out her blog!
I'm a Liebster now.
I'm afraid to ask what a Liebster is.
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blog created. (Continue reading!)
- List 11 bloggers with less then 200 followers that deserve some recognition.
- Write 11 questions for them to answer.
- Notify them that they have been nominated.
So here are the 11 questions from Eden, and my answers.
1. What is your favorite Bible verse and why? James 1:5 has really come to mean a lot to me. Especially recently when I feel so "unwise". It's a reminder that all I do is ask God and he gives it without reproach. "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him."
2. How would your family describe you? Oh wow! Some adjectives they've used are: quiet, reserved, loyal, and steady. Yeah, you get the picture. :-)
3. Besides the Bible, is there a book that has greatly impacted you? Oh wow, another tough question. I love books so much... I think one book in particular has been Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris. Yes, I know a lot of people say that, but that book has really challenged and encouraged me every time I read it. And I've read it 3 times!
4. What movie has impacted you the most? This would probably be Captain America: Winter Soldier. I've only seen it once, so I feel unworthy of writing about it, but I loved it. I was challenged and convicted by it.
5. Favorite way to serve your family? Taking photos and video at family events. We have two running jokes in our family (they both have some truth to them). 1) There are no photos of me, because I'm always behind the camera and 2) my family won't know what to do when I get married and leave home.
6. Favorite Christian artist? Kutless or Casting Crowns. I also enjoy some Tricia Brock songs and I have been known to run to Newsboys (shhh...)
7. Favorite family activity? Sitting around the dining room table talking and laughing. We work out life issues there and tie our family tighter together.
8. Do you play an instrument, and if so, what instrument? Yes, I've played violin for almost 7 years now. It's my best friend and allows me to praise my Lord through a unique way.
9. Is there a passage of Scripture that the Lord has used to speak to you through? Yes, I find Ecclesiastes 11:1-6 particularly heartstopping.
Cast your bread upon the waters,
gfor you will find it after many days.
Give a portion to seven, or even to eight,
for you know not what disaster may happen on earth.
If the clouds are full of rain,
they empty themselves on the earth,
and if a tree falls to the south or to the north,
in the place where the tree falls, there it will lie.
He who observes the wind will not sow,
and he who regards the clouds will not reap.
5 As you do not know the way the spirit comes to lthe bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.
6 In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good.
10. What are some of your gifts/talents? I've been told that I have the gift of active listening. I didn't realize I had this until several people shared that with me. I also have the God given talent of speed reading.
11. Describe your fashion style! Classic and traditional. Solids and simple are what I like. I enjoy silver jewelry and traditional hair styles.
Now, I'll work on the list of 11 people and get back with you. I need to find 11 blogs. :-)
Birthdays are days to be celebrated!!! Birthdays are not the day you become a person, that happened 9 months ago. And they aren't the day your family starts to love you, that was when the world was created. But they are the day your family gets to meet you and the day you take your first breath. So it's a good day to celebrate!!!
Starting tomorrow, we're going to do a happy birthday post for the next year of Pritchett birthdays!!!