Places to Visit

Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 18 1775





Hardly a man is now alive who remembers
that famous day and year…


Today is the day of Paul Revere’s ride and I love today.
I don’t really know why I like today so much, but I do! At the beginning of this month I was sitting in the school room doing math when it hit me, it was April!, and I said “hey y’all it’s April!”. Then I went back to doing my math and every one just nodded and said “Yes Rachel” .
But anyway, I thought I would just talk about today for fun.

I always felt kind of sorry for William Dawes and Dr. Samuel Prescott, they did and really good job too that night, but Paul is the one every one knows about.
William Dawes started out from the other side of Boston (meaning opposite Paul Revere) and met Paul at Lexington. Then about half way to Concord they got stopped by some British Regulars and he and Paul had to turn back.
Samuel Prescott met Paul Revere and William Dawes in Lexington and went with them and it was he that actually got to Concord.

By the way if you haven't read Paul Revere’s ride by H.W. Longfellow you should. I really like it. I thought that it was interesting that in that poem. It sounds like it was Paul’s idea but it wasn’t, it was Dr. Joseph Warren’s
Well I’ve said to much, if you are anything like me you will look at that and say, “oh that’s to long to read! Where are the pictures?”!!!

®achel




4 comments:

Joy said...

Very funny! Love the pic of Jamie.....~Precious~! :)

Shiloh Strang said...

Did you all go to the reenactment in New England?

How have ya’ll been?? Looking forward to hearing from ya’ll soon!!

~Shiloh for the Rest

Shiloh Strang said...

Oops- I forgot to say you don't have to publish the last comment unless you really want to. :)

~S

Titus2Mom said...

Way to go Rachel. You really do write well and have some great thoughts to share. I am excited to know about what you like!!

You don't look slow at all!

Love, Mommy