Places to Visit

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Teaching Good Things post

Mrs. Brodock at Teaching Good Things posted about our chore system and I thought you all might be interested in seeing.
Please note: Our life is not perfect. Our chore system is not perfect. We do not seek to embarrass you or say we are better than others, but to encourage you.

Jess



The following was written by my dear friend Nancy. Nancy and her children always encourage me with their positive attitudes and cheerful dispositions. Nancy and her husband have such a great sense of humor, I love to just sit back and listen to them. Nancy and I once laughed how we were at the same Rick Springfield concert when we were teens… isn’t funny how God redeemed both of us and caused us to become friends 20 some years later. Not only did He redeem us but He put in our hearts to advance the Kingdom with our husbands, through homemaking and children. God is good!

First I will say that chores is an ever changing event in our home. Didn’ t one woman say the job expands to fill the time. When my kids were little, we had assigned days. Each person helped on his day doing little jobs and spending time with mom. Now that we have older children in our home, we find that chores look different.
Right now in our home,... Read more at Teaching Good Things

No comments: