Places to Visit

Thursday, October 27, 2011

6 Months

Time flies.  Happy or sad, mournful or singing.  Time flies. 

That is how God made it, but still at times I wish I could grab hold of a moment and savor it.  Drink it in for longer.  Smile and laugh just a little bit longer.  Laugh out loud til you can't laugh anymore.  Feel the sun on your face and the wind in your hair. 

There are other moments that are so happy, I wish I could remember them better.  What was it that made me laugh so hard?  Why did I smile?  Who hugged me then?

There are still others that, while painful, I want to remember.  They are still precious even though they are painful.  They hold lessons.  Lessons of spiritual growth.  Lessons of emotions shared.  Thoughts shared.  The memory of a tear running down my cheek. 

Because at certain times, you realize that now it is time to weep with those who weep.  And then to rejoice with those who rejoice.

To the families who lost homes or loved ones on April 27, 2011.  We are thinking of you on this 6 month anniversary.  Especially to our friends in the Valley.  We love you guys. 

No comments: