Places to Visit

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Heritage of Hope Ball

Some very good friends of ours hosted a costume ball to raise money for their adoption.  It was a wonderful night of good old-fashioned family fun.

As I looked around the room I was reminded that families have fun as families.  Our culture thrives on separating parents, siblings, and children.  Proms are specifically "teen" events. 

Going back to family dances where I can dance with a 6 year old, a 15 year old, a 20 year old, my sister, and my dad in succession is a jewel missing from modern day moments.  If you shudder when you think about dancing with families... you are missing something special.


Olga (or Heidi) the Irish Milkmaid

Roy Rogers

Sally Washington

Kate - from a book by Emily

A lady from the Titanic 
Somebody... I don't know who.
Cute guy. 




Almanzo and Laura Wilder


You can now see Lucy and Susan Pevensie. 











1 comment:

Heather said...

I love, love these pictures! Wish we could have been there. . . .